Newcastle Outfall Inspection and Cleaning
Work has been completed on the inspection and cleaning of the subsea outfall at Newcastle Harbour, County Down. The works were carried out as a sub contract to local civil engineering contractor, Dawson Wam, who are constructing a new pumping station on behalf of Northern Ireland Water. The following activities were carried out:
- Diving survey of subsea outfall.
- Removal of diffuser head.
- Partial Internal inspection of outfall pipe using ROV with echo sounder to determine level of material blocking pipe.
- Clearing of pipe using HP jetter, hydraulic dredge and airlift.
- Cutting of access hole into pipe for new pumping chamber.
- Survey of full pipe length using survey sledge equipped with high definition camera and sonar.
- Refitting of diffuser head.
Norfolk Marine provided all the plant and equipment with the offshore operations being performed from the company's dive support vessel, The Flying Hart.