Hawes Pier East Repair Works Completed
Work was completed on the concrete repairs to Hawes Pier for Edinburgh City Council prior to the end of 2012. The repairs will allow the marine structure to continue in use as a landing for the Firth of Forth Passenger vessels and the craft servicing the construction site for the new Forth Crossing.
Norfolk Marine Ltd fulfilled the following to complete the contract.
- Supplied and installed a fabric formwork under water structural underpinning system.
- Designed and placed underwater concrete.
- Carried out concrete patch repairs.
- Performed investigation of structures fill and reinstated concrete deck.
- Oversaw health and safety as main contractor performing structural repairs to working marine structure subject to strong tidal flow and adverse winter weather conditions.